Friday, February 12, 2010

I Love a Liar


“Hey! How are you, sweets?” I asked.
“Hi!  Honey I am fine, But I am really busy, can we talk after sometime?” said she.
“Yeah sure hon“  I said, and she hung up the receiver on my heart.

Hmm! She must be busy in some meeting with some of her company’s clients or maybe her friends must be teasing her with my name. That’s why she hung up in rush (Ha! Who are you trying to fool brother? She must be having fun with him). Naah! That’s not a possibility she won’t lie to me.

“John!” shouted someone.
“Yeah, Boss? “
“Well we have a very important client waiting for us in the Malabar café. Go there and snatch the deal for us my boy”
“Yeah sure boss, you can bet on me “said I (just three more months and I’ll be off to Hawaii with my sweetheart and will start my own business).

I reached Malabar café in 10 minutes. Doesn’t matter how itchy your company is but moving out in company sponsored Lamborghini surely gives your ego a boost. Malabar café was a large spread out place with all glass walls. You can see everything from inside out. There, on a table at one corner of the Café sat a young man with a briefcase. Frankly speaking, if he was that “Very Important” client, then hats off to him, Maahn. In my career as the Marketing Head, he was undoubtedly the Youngest “Very Important “client. The only one who wasn’t twice my age, but in fact a few years younger than me.

“Hi! Mr. Andrews, if I am right?” I said, quite skeptically.
“Yeah Maahn! So you must be that energetic marketing head your Boss boasts about.”
“Hmm... Maybe “(Wow I never knew that).
“So let’s talk business straight away “I said, as I was in no mood to waste time (in fact my mind was not in work that day). 
And then I saw through the glass wall a hummer stopped in front of the McDonald’s (didn’t I mention there was a Mac D right in front of Malabar café?). A gal in velvet Pink top and blue denims Jumped off the Hummer. My Angel... I can recognize her from a mile’s distance.
“ So you want to strike a Deal right away, Great Mr. marketing head Don’t u believe in customer relations ?” Humored Mr. Andrews   (It sounds absurd calling him Mr. Andrews).
“ Ha! I was just kidding sir “(who cares about your deal and that company I want to stare at my gal all day long) 

A man in jaded green cargo and ragged brown jacket jumped of the driver’s seat of the Hummer
 And took the pink gal’s hand in his hand they went in Mac D giggling and gingering each other (Ha! You moron you can recognize her from a mile’s distance, what a bluff, did you forget she is busy in a meeting?).

“So how long have u been working, John?” asked Mr. Andrews to relieve my troubled mind.
“Hmm I think for past 4 years” (Nah! She wasn’t Jenny)
   “Wow! John man you have reached great heights in just four years. Impressive!” Said Mr. Andrews
“And you have climbed mile stones vertically a Young Turk Youth icon at such a young age” said I and I don’t know why, but I meant it. (Her noisy work mates must be teasing her a lot. I hate them).

“Hmm Nah! I am just a guy born with a silver spoon in his mouth to a multimillionaire father who died of heartache a few months ago. Bing! The only son got in charge of business. I’m a Chairman who cannot make any decisions. My advisors make them for me instead. They think that your advertising company is best suited for branding needs. So to meet you is just a formality. That’s why I tried some arbitrary conversations to keep this meeting going” said Andrew (all the respect for Mr. “Very Important client” was gone in a flash. In fact I felt pity for poor fellow).
“ Oh! Great then! It means the deal is virtually struck” I enquired to confirm what I heard.
“Hmm yeah give me the papers” said Andrews, the multimillionaire looser.

I offered him the contract papers (part of me still looking out of the glass walls. I wanted to get out of this place and make a call as soon as possible).
He signed them and returned them to me. Before I could get up and leave, he did it and left Malabar café. I came out of the café with a massive victory. I had just made my company proud by signing a multi million dollar deal (Hmm I think I should have felt happy! I guess I must have).

“Hey honey, free now?” I couldn’t curb the urge of calling her.
“Hey who’s that? Loser again? “ Said someone in background.
“Hey Darling, that’s David. You know he is jealous of you, chuck him. Tell me, how’s my baby?” she said. Every word was dipped in honey.
“Your baby is kicking asses, honey. Just signed a multimillion dollar deal. Yeeha! “(Phew! It was just that David idiot. I get worked up unnecessarily)
“Oh that’s awesome, honey. So, where am I getting treat for this one?“ I could sense a wink with this one. I love her for her cuteness.
“Don’t lie to that Idiot, Jenny “again that noisy David from the background I am surely going to kill him the next time we meet.
“Would you please keep quite I am putting it down in a minute” 
“Hey sweetheart, David is behaving really weird today. I will talk to you later. First thing I am going to do is kick him tight. Take care, sweets. Catch you soon” and she hung up on my heart, again.



“Hey Jenny, I left my bag in your home. Can you call that idiot and make him bring that bag for me? I left it near your bed. If I get any late, I’ll miss the flight. Your chit chatting has already made me quite a bit late.”
“Don’t call him idiot all the time and I can’t call him just to get a bag for me”
“Huh! Idiot? He is a loser. And he will do anything if you’ll say just once”
“Ok wait. I’ll try. But I won’t force him”

“Hey Honey, there is an important client and I forgot the contract papers at home in a bag near our bed. Is it possible that you can bring that bag for me? No problem if you can’t, though. I’ll manage somehow”
“Oh sure, sweets. I’ll go get them soon”
“I love you. I love you. I love you. “ and kisses showered from the other side of the phone.
“Meet me at the airport I will explain to you later. Love you honey, you are the best“ and she delicately put my heart off before hanging the receiver on it once again.
“Hey Boss, I need to go “
“John, just a minute son. We will be having a conference with the officials in head office. You may get promoted for the good work “and he winked at me.
“Boss, I really need to go. Tell them that I am ill“
“Chances like this don’t come daily, son” Neither did she ask me for something daily.
“Not a problem, Boss. I am young and opportunities will continue to come “said I and winked at boss. Next second I was in my Lamborghini and the next, I was in my home with the bag in my hand. Soon I was hopping my Lamb again, now on the road towards the Airport. 


“Behave in front of him for god’s sake. I beg you this time”
“I‘ll try baby, but you never know. Losers inspire me to rip their ass”

I parked my Lamb in the airport and started my eternity long journey through the airport security. They think everyone has a plan to highjack a Boing 747. Just as I crossed the last hurdle I saw Jenny through a glass pane. She was there in Tight denims and Pink velvet top and she was standing with that “client” in jaded green cargo and ragged brown jacket. (What a coincidence god really does play funny games). I walked towards them forgot to lift the bag from the security. I tried my best possible smile but it was just not clicking. I wondered what’s wrong with me. What will Jenny think if I go with this face? Smile Damn It!

“Hi Jen! Missed you a lot” I said, smiling.
“Hey where is the bag?“ said ‘DAVID’.
“Oh sorry. I forgot it at the security. Wait, I’ll get it“ I said.
“Hey, don’t worry honey. I’ll get it” said jenny.
“STOP! STOP RIGHT THERE KNEEL DOWN ON THE FLOOR OR I’LL SHOOT”

What in the world is happening? The security personals surrounded us from all the side. All of them pointing their guns at us.

“What did we do?“ asked Jenny, panicked.
“You did nothing. This guy did“ said a 6 feet tall bulldog faced policeman pointing his thick fingers at me. What in the world did I do? Is striking a deal with a multimillionaire loser a crime?
“His bag has 5 Kg Opium in it” barked that dog
“What!”  I said, flabbergasted, “It couldn’t be.“ Was I trapped?
“No, it’s not his bag“ Jenny said, tears rolling down her pink cheeks .

Before anyone could do anything, David snatched a gun out of the 6 feet tall policeman and grabbed Jenny by the neck, pointing the gun straight at her skull.
“If anyone moves, I’ll blow her head off! Give me the bag and let me leave if you want her to live” roared David.
“Hey! Please don’t do that. Leave Jenny! Don’t drag her into this“ I shouted (or rather, I tried to shout).
He shot a bullet right through my left leg. For moments I didn’t feel anything, then a screaming pain ran through every neuron of my body. It felt liked my leg was dipped in molten lava.
“Noooooooooh!” screamed Jenny at the top of her voice and setting herself free from that monster, she ran towards me.

Amazed and bewildered by her reaction, David pointed his gun straight at her back and opened fire.
1…2 bullets went pass my left shoulder …3…4 through my abdomen …5 though the center of my heart piercing a life long hole through it. Before the empty magazine could make its sound, numerous bullets holed David’s body. I saw him falling down through my closing eyes. I was there, falling on my knees in slow motion right between David’s sieved corpse and Jenny’s flooding eyes. She caught me from behind and laid me on the floor.

“Why did you do all this for me? You never deserved this. Why? Why? “And she cried I don’t know why but I loved to see her cry. “I don’t deserve to live. you should have let me being killed “
I adored her crying face for the last moments, before I closed my eyes finally.
“Why damn it! Why? Don’t leave me like this! Please!!“ Her gorgeous face dropped a few tears on my withered face. Unfortunately, I couldn’t feel it. I was getting numb by every passing moment.
“Speak up for god’s sake Please!”.
I raised my finger to shut her lips. I touched her whole face with my numb hand. Unfortunately I couldn’t feel this as well.

“It’s because I love you

I gave her a last smile. This time from my heart and finally closed my eyes.


 “I know a lot of gals
‘Who would have said ‘yes’, had I proposed to them?
 But being a fool that I am
 I fell for the most ignorant one”

 Mayank Rajput
12th Feb 2010

52 comments:

neelamrajani said...

manku

nice blog

m speechless

jhon's love 4 jenny is just muaaah >;D<

many a times dis same type of incidents do happen in real life... n it breaks ur heart into pieces :(

a very nice article of dis week when love is in d air

each n every1 must understand d importance of love n also must b loyal 2 their partners :)

ahem ahem ahem jyaada ho gaya

bus masht hai blog

u rock mr. writer :p

Gautam Kumar said...

I m really fallling short of words..but really enjoyed reading this one.
"LOVE" is the emotion which goes deep inside my heart and this one really makes me feel the importance to be given to "love".
the last 4 lines within quotes are marvellous and it directly strikes the chord with the content of blog.....

you rock mahn.....keep up the good work.waiting for your next blog....

Anonymous said...

nice one brother... n last lines were awesome... "" because i love you "" ... :)

sonam said...

Nice effort

Your vocab is really nice & u describe the feelings in words very exquisitely.

I hope u will write splendidly in future .

Aditya said...

hey buddy..
this time from me, not from your pokes.
For a sec thought reading an article of a book :D
good one...keep writing man!

Anonymous said...

Good Work...!!
Keep blogging such a nice and emotional story.
So, When You are Joining BollyWood..?
Waise bhi tere jaise acche writer ki bahut jarurat hai bollywood ko... :D

Anonymous said...

amazing :)

too touching :o

Anonymous said...

bhaiyo .. I never knew u are emotional also ..

Unknown said...

whoa bro....
fantabulous....nice touching story
so sweeet n just fantastic
keep writing :)

Bhoomika said...

This Blog is beautiful, simply beautiful.. i am falling short of words to describe... i mean m speechless after reading this. Just like aditya said.. i seriosuly felt as if m reading the part of a book.
Ur improving mahnn.. significantly improving.. n getting emotional too or may be learning to express your emotions :P
Anyway keep up the good work..
All the best..
:-bd

tamannah said...

buddy its really nice..n tha best dat its unpredictable :)
i kept guessin what would happen next, but seriously none of them came true :) really really exitin :D

Unknown said...

well it was a good piece of ur wrk but not d best....i think u cud have put more toil or random thoughts for d expressions......

Robo Mohamed said...

Good goin Mayank!
Lived in each n every scene!

Absolutely a live play!

Unknown said...

Hey manku.........this is juss awsome yar,.....how b'fooll.......i wsh it nevr happens in real life yar...this is vry herattouchng...amazing.....
while reading i ws guessing d end but dnt thought to b dis :(
keep it up yar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good luck :))

Monk Avant Garde said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Abhishek said...

Hi! Mayank,

Great article, very smooth and enjoyable read. This would definitely make me follow your blog regularly. I could actually visualise the scenes you described wonderfully the anecdote and the right connotations.

Actually loved reading it, thumbs up from my side bro...keep writing it. This one has surely raised the bar.

A few places, the punctuations were placed incorrectly, please take extra care while writing a story involving dialogues because it could confuse the reader like I got in between.

Waiting for more such pieces. Also, post these on Facebook Notes.

Abhishek said...

man u have a significant female following...keep it up...adds to the extra emotions and thoughts they bring into...guys are better off writing smaller comments...enjoy

Prachi said...

nice work Munnu..

Although I feel that John was a bit too naive, the story was really heart-touching.
Especially the end was really great. I think that John didn't deserve to die, but Jenny got what she deserved.. Or did she?

Really awesome article.. Keep them blogs coming!!

Love,
Bunnu.. <3

nirveshverma said...

are yaar ye to mast ek dum phodu hai

you are awesome gajab......................................................................................................................

Unknown said...

it was awesome...!!!

anamika priyadarshini said...

Dramatic, and very nicely written..

Nikhil... said...

a very well written story and the anti climax shocked me in the end i thot the ending would be predictable.

Unknown said...

Keep Rocking man..!!!
but I want you to write about some topic of social importance..

ithardlymatters said...

THE story that ends with a tragedy broadly have embedded emotions. bt u have added a xtra bit to it.. feels lyk someone is feeding honey bee wid nuts dipped in honey :OVERDOSE ... but it worked .. u have allured the reader wid ur emotional and sorrow hybrid tone.. reALLY a deep imaginative story...

Akash said...

Muhaa Mankoo bhai...great kindda philosopher...gr8 story maahn

kanchan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
kanchan said...

splendid story....awesome vocab....touching emotions....lovly quote..

u rock manku sir...

Nams said...

it's just awsome...at the end of this blog...i had tears in my eyes...!!! m still speechless though....hats off to the writer...!!

Rohit said...

touching

Monk Avant Garde said...

Hey Guys thanks a lot i am really overwhelmed the response i have got for this post. and i wish to continuously your support and encouragement for writing more and more.

But truly speaking for the first time in life i feel under tremendous pressure because now the expectations will be really high and coming with good reads all the time is not possible always specially when you know your work will be compared with your own work.
but i 'll definitely try my best to keep up

@ namita

i am specially thankful to you for the comment if you really had tears in your eyes than it gives me a sense of accomplishment as i writer if you can bring a smile on the face of reader is one thing and if u can bring tears in their eyes it all together a unique feeling
Thanks a lot

Hope to see you all commenting on rest of my work
already there or soon to come

really really grateful

Unknown said...

I've relatively low level of emotional intelligence but as my senses percieved the feelings portrayed in the wrinting i feel for the author (my dear friend)

"ADMIRATION GUARANTEED"

Nitesh said...

real sensitive end...
grieved,senti but touching....

n gud description like, thru' each neuron of mah body
keep it up man....

Unknown said...

butiful story...reallly...luvd it..u've described the scenes wonderfully.....but i expected it to be a little longer...

Pulkit said...

GREAT JOB SIR!

JUST FANTABULOUS....

ONE OF THE BEST STORY I EVER HEARD...

SARANSH said...

It was awesome bro!

Enjoyed reading it and was also anxious to know what will happen next.
Before reading this, I was of the opinion that one should write small blogs only.... but this changed my opinion.

It was really touching and striking....
Keep writing more.

Best Wishes!

Vivek said...

As Expected from Manku, he is a great writer. What a wonderful story, you are very good with your words man, you can express your feelings and emotions well...

Keep Writing.. You Rock...

All The best

Satwinder Singh said...

Excellent one man.. and you have 36[now 37] comments here, simply awesome.

Just one thing: Next time, am looking forward to an Indian version of the story.. :)

Great job, keep it up[or down, or sideways wherever u prefer..]

aparajita said...

"i love yu" ..the 3 words which can neva go cliched...!!!!
somthingz realy touch the heart in the most weird of ways...dis was def one of those...
nice storyline....passionate writer....original in izz own way...
kip up the gud work manky....:D
god bles..!

Monk Avant Garde said...

Hey api thanks a lot for the appreciation.
thanks for calling me an original writer that the best thing any kind of artist longs to hear

Prerna Munshi said...

Emotions have been pictured quite well
Articulate & very touching.
Loved the concept.

Sourabh Biswas said...

This really was a gripping read. Even though the climax at the airport is a bit cliche, you wound up with a grand finale which instantly made me forget the fact.

The part which you have captured especially lucidly is the undying love for the girl even though the boy knows she is a cheating whore. Every emotion is genuine.

Keep reeling in such good stuff!!

Monk Avant Garde said...

@ Saurabh
Thanks a lot for the honest views.
and yeah i guess i got a bit melodramatic in this post will try to be consistent with the writing in future.

Unknown said...

wow mayank it was a binding love story and loved d twist dat u gave n finally made d girl to realise wat loss she was going to incurr!!
impressive writing keep up d gud work!

Monk Avant Garde said...

Thanks a lot kadambari :)
i hope i stay consistent with my writing

sonali said...

woahh thats amazing ! touching :)

Monk Avant Garde said...

Thanks Sonali i hope you will like other stories as well :)

Nidhi said...

Hey Mayank -

It was a very touching story. I know you have the potential to improve, But keep writing as you have that spark..I like the last lines "about falling for the most ignorant one". We all feel that way at some junction of our lives, with so many diffrent realtionships...So be happy Boy and keep smiling.

Love,
Nids

Monk Avant Garde said...

Thanks a lot chachi :)
i am glad you liked it
and yeah working on my writing skills

Guitar Princess said...

Gosh This Is The Most Awesome Writing That I've Ever Read
It Touched My Heart ..!!

Just Splendid bro just splendid!

m said...

As you said on IndiBlogger. sure it's good piece of writing. Good for a certain type of audience :))

Monk Avant Garde said...

@ Poo thanks a lot re :)

@ Jaidev thanks bro

Ashu said...

Awsome work bro superliked it....:-)